Topic

PowerDry Split Buy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals PowerDry Split Buy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

I want to buy some polartec powerdry fabric but the quantities are more than I need. Any one want to split it with me?

The fabric I want to buy is

1)Power Dry Thermal Stitch X-static:
    This is a lightweight base layer.
    Color: Coyote LINK
    15 yd for $57.60 + shipping

2) Power Dry Jersey/Sherling Grid
    This appears to be similar fabric as Patagonia R1, maybe slightly lighter.
    Color: Foliage Green LINK
    12.9 yards for $41.28 + shipping

Please pm if interested.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Might want to post this on the MYOG forums instead. Anyway, I'm not a member so I can't pm, but I'd be down for a few yards of either, if you do make the order.. javan.dempsey "at" gmail.com

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Nia,

Have you gotten a swatch? The variety of Polartec fabrics is mind-boggling.

I would be interested in about 5 or so yards of the Power Dry Jersey/Sherling if it is similar to R1 fabric, and if the color is pleasant. My only other concern is what makes it a "second".

Mill Direct are great to work with. I've made baselayer bottoms for my kids from both the X-Static PowerDry and Powerstretch. The X-Static Powerdry is about 3 ounces per square yard and is pretty thin. Note that Polartec yardage weights at Mill Direct are based on the running yard, (often 60" wide), not the square yard. Also they don't have accurate weights for many items. They will send swatches though!

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

Yes I have gotten swatches. The jersey/sherling grid is a greenish grey. I would call it more grey than green. I think it's quite a nice color and a nice change from the black and brown I usually get, but it's subjective of course.

Mills direct said it was 6.8 oz/sq yd while patagonia lists R1 at 6.5 oz/sq yd. I have an R1 pullover and I can't tell the difference. If anything I thought the jersey/sherling was slightly lighter, but if so not by much. As far as why it's a second I couldn't tell from the swatch.

Mills direct said the x-static fabric was 5 oz/sq yd. It is quite thin all though not see through. I plan on using it for summer baselayer and t-shirts to replace the BPL merino which seems to be a similar weight, but wears to quickly. I don't know of the x-static powerdry will last longer, but at least it is cheaper.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

"Mills direct said the x-static fabric was 5 oz/sq yd."

I got some of the same fabric from their cut yardage section- with the same comment that it's 5 osy. When I weighed the 4 yard piece it came out to about 20 ounces which is 5 per running yard or 3 per square yard. It sounds like the heavier stuff you're holding is probably a little lighter than Patagonia R1.

I'm in for around half of the heavier fabric, depending on how much you need.

Jim

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

Ok looks like we have some takers on the Jersey/Sherling

jdempsey: 3 yd
    me: 5 yd
    jimqpublic: 4 yd

Jim, 4 yd is the remainder of the 12.9 yd roll. If that is enough fine, but if you would like more there are a number of slightly larger rolls in the same fabric, so just tell me exactly how much you want and it will likely work out fine.

Anyone for the x-static? I'd really like to get these at the same time to save shipping.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Go ahead and bump up to the 14.7 or 15.1 yard remnant- I'll take the amount you guys don't want.

Have you gotten shipping prices yet? You might ask them to pull the material off the roll if it will save significantly on shipping.

If you don't get any takers on the X-static PowerDry, Mill Direct has firsts of the same stuff for $5.99/yard in the cut yardage section.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools