Topic

Non-skid pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

OK…so, I was thinking of lightly spraying this non-skid product for rugs,etc. on my CCF pad. Would it eat the pad? Has anyone every tried it?

http://www.hambulance.com/servlet/the-28/Super-Grip-by-Performix/Detail

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Considering how many of us paint lines of seam sealant onto our tent floors, sleeping pads, etc. — I don't think the product will hurt your pad at all. But as they always say — try it on an inconspicuous corner first. Or better yet, if your pad came with a repair patch (which should be the same nylon material) — spray it and let it sit for a while and see.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Back in the day we used to sell a product called Slip-fix, came in a pink-ish spray can (IIRC)… specifically for spraying on the old thermarests. I haven't seen the stuff for years, but in short, yeah, I think the stuff you linked would work fine.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I'll give it a go. Then see how much weight it adds.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools