Topic

Down Socks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Down Socks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Wow, if those were any puffier, there would be danger of a down explosion.
    –B.G.–

Morgan Rucks
    BPL Member

@rucksmtr

I would be into the covers for the booties so i could wear them out of the tent. Keep us posted how that works out. Thanks

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Nice job Ben can't wait till I get mine looks toasty warm. Jack

nanook ofthenorth
    BPL Member

@nanookofthenorth

Did I miss out on these or are you still taking orders for them?

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Robert,

I am actually working on a website right now that you can order them through, but you can order a pair now if you would like. I can only make them on the weekends, so just put in your order before Friday.

Thanks,

Ben

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Hello Ben

I will go ahead and stay with the large.

Thanks Jim

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Please use the website.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

OK guys the website is ready. I will be updating it periodically, but from now on, all purchases should be made through the site.

GooseFeet

I would appreciate any and all feedback on the website. Is it clear what options are available?

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

nice, Ben. that's what im talking about. a down explosion. i'm placing my order now..
    lovin' it.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

For anyone on the fence, I wanted to give these socks a quick review after receiving mine. Worth noting is that the craftsmanship and overall quality are top notch as are the materials. This is not an amateur effort. Fit is accurate to include the elastic on the ankle isn't too tight or too loose. This is a really nice lightweight product.

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

I recieved mine today also. I agree the craftmanship is top notch, and the stuff sack is an unexpected bonus. The medium size fit my size 9.5 feet, right to the seam on the bottom of these wonderful "goose feet". I would advise the extra down option.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

got mine today, 4 days after order.
    very nice, Ben!

I wear 8.5 and there is room inside for a wool sock without any down compression. the stuff sack is cool too!

some of the guys at HF also followed and made the buy. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=198379#post198379

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Just received my Goose Feet down socks today and they look great….I wouldn't describe them as MYOG by any means, very professional looking craftsmanship.

I can't wait to try them out in a few weeks.

2-3/8 oz for the socks(with stuff sack) on my digital kitchen scale, 1-7/8 oz for the shell (with stuff sack and soles).

Here's a photo of the socks in the stuff sack.

Thanks Ben!

Hmmm….."Upload Image" button not working, maybe I'll try again later.

Laurence Beck
    BPL Member

@beckla

Locale: Southern California

Just received my size L down booties and they fit perfectly and are really warm. I went ahead and put on my Montbell Down Inners along with these booties and hopped into my sleeping bag. Cozeeey!!

I also bought an XS pair for my wife. She has not tried them yet. She is not a backpacker but she scuba dives with a dry suit so she plans to wear these in the dry suit. These will also keep her from putting her popsicle toes on me at night!

Thanks Ben.

Edit: The stuff sack weighs 3g (0.1 oz) and the booties weigh 62g (2.1 oz)
    Totally a high value per ounce proposition!

kristy garst

@1kryan

I am thinking of getting a pair for me & my hubby. Any reviews after using the product yet? It sounds like they look great but I want to check on how they are put to the test.

I am so excited to have found this!

Kristy

Kris K.

@redmarbleshoe

Locale: Beautiful Northern AZ!

I just submitted my order on your website/paypal for 2 pairs, XL and Med. for my hubby and I. I'm excited. I have a pair of down booties with a harder sole, but they weight 7-8oz each bootie. These are much lighter, and look comfy. My hubby always eyeballs my booties but doesn't want the extra weight. These will make him VERY happy. Thank you for taking the time to make these and share your goodies.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Here are some photos at my most recent development…

Gosling Feet – GooseFeet for infants! I made these for my 6 month old brother, they weigh 0.5oz total…

gosling1

gosling2

Han Ngiam

@hanngiam

I just placed an order for a pair – L. Looking forward to them.

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Ben,

I also just placed an order. I think you did a good job with the website. It was simple, easy to navigate and quickly pay through paypal. My only suggestion for the website would be to add the information you described in this thread about the size range being flexible. I would imagine you get a fair number of questions from people who fall in between one of your established size ranges.

I have heard good things about your product and look forward to trying them out on an upcoming snow camping trip.

Thanks,

David

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

ben,

a couple of questions…

what size would i order for a woman wearing 7.5 or 8? a medium?

would this make it to my place in time for valentine's day?

people who have ordered…

do you feel the seam running underneath your foot? seems like an odd place to have this…

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Josh,

According to Wikipedia, a women's size 8 would be a men's size 7, so I think a small will work fine, unless you want a lot of extra room with the medium, which isn't necessarily a bad thing…

There is not a seam running under the foot, there is a flat sole piece, and two side pieces, so there is a seam running around the sole of the foot.

– Ben

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

oh i see now bro! i thought that seam continued from the top onto the bottom. i'm going to be placing an order tonight i think

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Ben,

Thank you for the incredible service! I placed my order on Saturday and it was in the mail on Monday and to my front door in California 2 days later on Wednesday. As a cottage manufacturer, I doubt you can do this for every order but I wanted to share my positive experience. Thank you for the quality product and great service.

I am off to test them in the snow this weekend.

David

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i'm holding off a bit on ordering these. i'm afraid the soles will wear through from walking around on hardwood floor. i'd like to hear some longer-term reports than "initial review"

definitely interested though. perhaps a dyneema sole on the normal bootie would be an option in the future

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Josh,

I have thought about making some like that. If you are interested in a pair like that, PM me and we can work the details out.

– Ben

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools