Topic

ULA Ohm price increase and option decease?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Ohm price increase and option decease?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mark Jones
    BPL Member

@hibisk55

Locale: The Back of Beyond

Ben,

I agree. Give us a nice gray like the MLD packs. I asked Brian if he would consider making an Ohm in gray Dyneema. His reply: "Ohms are green not gray. I don't make gray packs and do not intend to do so." My response, nor do I intend to buy a green one.

Mark

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Maybe Ken can provide an after-market pack colorizing service? :)

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

"Ken – I was looking for the link on how to dye dyneema, but was unable to find it. Do you dye it using regular RIT dye or is there some other additive that is needed?"

Nathan… The fabric in the Ohm is not Dyneema, it's actually Dyneema grid. Only the visible thin white lines are Dyneema, and the remainder is usually 210d which can be dyed quite easily.

John G
    BPL Member

@johng10

Locale: Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY

Ken,
    Did you just submerge the pack in a bucket full if RIT dye ? How did you keep the dye of the white & yellow ULA lettering at the bottom, and off the axe loops at the top ?
    Thanks.

David Ure

@familyguy

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

I have dyed multiple packs including ULA, Golite and gossemer gear. Please feel free to PM for tips and answers to any questions you may have.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Yes just submerge the whole pack. The dye does not stick to the reflective coating on the loops. The thread for the embroidery is impervious to the dye as well. Nylon maybe.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools