Topic

15 – 65% off at RailRiders.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 15 – 65% off at RailRiders.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kent C.

@kent

Locale: High Sierra

Just got a catalog; discount is on selected items/colors; good 'til Jan 31.

(no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I own one shirt and have only worn it once, in town, not even on trail! Did like it though.)

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

It doesn't show it on the sale page, but the eco-mesh shirt is $20 for birch. I believe this is the shirt that most people associate RailRiders with. I got my shirt last week. I can't wait to use it on the trail.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

I've been eying the Regulator Wind Shirt but the Eco-Mesh is just too good a deal… so I bought both. $40 for the Regulator and $20 for the Eco.

Adam Criswell

@macrophyllum

Locale: Northern California

Thanks for the heads up Kent, just picked up an ecomesh shirt for 20$! I figured I would never find one on sale.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Jim Q…

So the wife hasn't seen the credit card bill yet? :)

Actually I like the Adventure shirt a little better because it has 3 buttons at the neck and buttons on the sleeve. But since I usually wear mine for several days at a time without taking it off, it really doesn't matter that much.

Unfortunately the back of my Adventure shirt turned black from the mesh of my Murmur pack the first time I wore it… guess I should have gone online and read the directions :(

Been waiting for it to go on sale. But even with the sale price, 2 Eco-mesh shirts are the same price as one Adventure shirt, so I bought two of the eco-mesh.

I also recommend the eco-mesh pants for warm weather hiking. This is what I wear in the desert when it is hot.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

+1 on the eco-mesh pants. I wear them through three seaons. Love 'em. I only stop backpacking in them when it's time to put the RAB vapor rise pants on for cold weather.

If you buy them, though, a quick hint. Make sure you zip up the sides before washing, especially if you're washing them with anything that has velcro. Protect that mesh!

David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Nick,

"Unfortunately the back of my Adventure shirt turned black from the mesh of my Murmur pack the first time I wore it… guess I should have gone online and read the directions :("

I just ordered two Adventure Shirts(the Eco-Mesh was sold out…). Is the dye bleeding an issue with the pack or the shirt? I'm assuming it's the pack, but I just wanna make sure.

Thanks!

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

David,

It is the black mesh panel on the backpack. GG's site said a small number of their packs had this problem. It is recommended that a new pack be soaked in hot water and then air dried.

David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Thanks Nick!

Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

At the RR website, there is more on sale than listed in the "sale" category. For each garment in the not-on-sale area, click on the price & availability tab to see which specific colors are priced for clearance and which are not. It is close-out colors that are marked down, mingled with regular prices on the rest of the inventory.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools