Topic

Anyone use Kooka Bay sleeping pads?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone use Kooka Bay sleeping pads?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Bill Brock
    BPL Member

@cabaj48

I was going to try dots of seam sealer.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

that would probably work as well!

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

looking forward to your new site- your old site doesn't have any of the down configs on it

< will be needing a winter mat :)

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

Bender, how close are you to getting the new site up?

thanks

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to see the new site… But don't let a little thing like his new website stop you from buying one of his pads.

He's been very responsive to emails and helpful in getting me the specs for the different options I presented to him- price, dimensions, R value, stuff size and weight. Longest stretch of time between my email and his reply was 11 hours (overnight!) and the shortest was 23 minutes.

After some back and forth, I pulled the trigger on two custom items- a pillow and a pad.

Mummy Pad – 60x24x2.5" – R4 Synthetic Insulation 15.8 oz
    Pillow – 16” x 10” x 5" – R1 Uninsulated – 2.2 oz

Got a custom pad with the exact specs I want/need with weight that competes very, very well with anything else out there without shelling out an unreasonable amount of money.

PM me if you're curious about the prices. I'd rather not publish them publicly for a handful of good (IMHO) reasons.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools