Topic

Maps of Canadian Arctic?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Maps of Canadian Arctic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alan Little

@alanl

Locale: Bavarian & Austrian Alps

Not, sadly, for a trip I'm planning, but … my friend's great grandfather was an arctic explorer and has a couple of features named after him on north Canadian islands. Shellabear Creek, and Shellabear another couple of things. And my friend's wife is looking for good maps of the area as gift for him.

So, since we're in Europe, and backpackinglight has probably the largest concentration of knowledgeable North American outdoor types I know of, I thought I'd ask here: can anybody point me / my friend's wife at a good source of Canadian backcountry maps?

Who knows – maybe my my friend will be inspired to plan a trip in his great grandfather's footsteps.

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

That's cool. Google Shellabear Creek finds this site. I'll bet they'll have more suggestions.
    http://maps.nrcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/kira_lin.cgi?number=58F&number50=*&language=english&form_type=CTI-FORM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools