Topic

Any one know whats become of fanatic fringe?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Any one know whats become of fanatic fringe?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Charles S. Forstall

@csforstall

Locale: The Appalachian Foothills of TN

I was just making my online rounds to the mom and pop ultralight gear shops and it appears that the fanatic fringe server is down. Are they just having server issues? Are they still in business? Is there any other information that people might have heard through other sources?

-thanks

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

I noticed that last week. Maybe they couldn't keep up with the competition?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I was reading up on their website just last week and no problems…

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I tried to get on just now and got a "couldn't find" message.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Could be bad — but not necessarily. Sometimes, folks forget to renew their web hosting fees…

OTOH, as mentioned, I visited the site just last week and although it worked fine, I did notice that everything remained the same — no new announcements, no new products, etc. Not a good sign.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I can't honestly say I've ever seen the Fanatic Fringe Web site change since I first looked at it a few years ago. Anyone else have better perception than I?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Well, there was that splash of colors — folks were given a choice beyond beige — although that was a few years ago…

Johann kuester

@whirlpool

I think they changed the name to Trailspace.com

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

Maybe it's a name change or a website update: But I couldn't find it either

And it does not appear to be Trailspace

Charles S. Forstall

@csforstall

Nope that's not them. Fanatic Fringe is/was? a small cottage industry manufacture that made packs with narrow shoulder straps. Trailspace looks like a fairly large retailer with no in house manufacture of their own.

Fanatic Fringe's prices were very affordable compared to most of the market though ((i.e. 80ish vs 120ish) not to set off more speculation). I had gotten a wild hair and was thinking of their SUL pack. So who knows?

-Peace

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

This site has been suspended If you manage this site and have a question about why the site is not available, please contact us directly.

I found this message on Bing under the heading IPOWER. :-(

Party On ! 2010

Newton

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Trailspace has reviews, articles, forums, and links to select retailers for comparison shopping.

If Fanatic Fringe had raised their prices $20 a pack, every year, like ULA and Gossamer Gear just did, wonder how much they would cost in 2009? I'm not aware of any updates to their former website in several years.

You'd think there was someone reading this forum that has bought something from them in the last few years?

Charles S. Forstall

@csforstall

Well I got a Thompson Peak pack from them around this time last year. And it was through that old dinosaur of a site everyone is mentioning. Nice pack worked well for the causal use I gave it. I seem to recall the site being up even a few months ago but alas… Ah, well I guess its settled then. Seems like they are gone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools