Topic

Orvis hip waders– now on sale.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Orvis hip waders– now on sale.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Gray
    Spectator

@chrisfol

Locale: Denver, Coloado

I don't know how many of you are looking for an affordable pair of waders for those small backcountry streams, but right now Orvis is selling their Silver Label Hippers for $99.

I use these personally, while they are not true lightweight standards– they are lighter than chest-highs, more packable and at less that a hundred bucks– they are steel for those who do not want to wet-wade or lug around a cumbersome pair of chest highs.

Chris Stewart

@cm_stewart

Any idea how long they will be on sale?

I love hippers and am due for a new pair. Have been debating between Orvis and Dan Bailey. Any suggestions/comments?

Chris Gray
    Spectator

@chrisfol

Locale: Denver, Coloado

The Orvis rep that I spoke to said that they would be on sale until the sizes have ran out. If you want a lighter option then their wet-wading sandal is also on sale at $79, down from $120.

I have no experience of Dan Bailey and thus, I cannot comment. I do however own a pair of Orvis' Silver Label Hippers and have done for many years with no problems. Their lifetime warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee is also second to none.

If you want a cheaper option for hippers then some of my friends purchased Cabelas' Three Forks Hip Waders and they have held up well over three-seasons and they have said nothing but good things about them, and at $45 the price is hard to beat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools