Topic

Cant Beleive this Hasnt been asked Yet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Cant Beleive this Hasnt been asked Yet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    james snid

@snidjames

I have a Mountainsmith ghost and would like to attach a blanket somewhere to its outside. It has a bungee cord and 2 straps on its front bottom. However,the bungee is way too small and the straps arnt much better. Ive read reviews in which the author states a blanket can be carried on this pack I just dont see how. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I would roll up the blanket, put it in a waterproof stuff sack, and strap it under those two bottom compression straps.

If the blanket is huge — then I would swap it for a lighter, more compressible one. This is BackpackingLight. :)

Dennis Park
    BPL Member

@dpark

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Could you change the bungee cord to a longer one? You could use a cordlock to tighten the slack when not in use.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Were the reviews for a later version Bronze one or the earlier blue one?
    I had both and the version 1 of blue had a beautiful carrying system…..

james snid

@snidjames

Its the later bronze version. I like the idea of getting a bigger bungee cord. I just havnt found a place online that has the right kind yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Its the later bronze version. I like the idea of getting a bigger bungee cord. I just havnt found a place online that has the right kind yet."

Check with Ron Bell at Mountainlaureldesigns.com. He has all sorts of bungee cord. He might be able to help you out.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Jason Klass did a modification on his years back. Scroll down and you'll see how he did it.
    http://www.geartalkwithjasonklass.com/search/label/DIY%20Backpacking%20Gear

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Donna,
    Thanks for the mention bu I think you meant to post this link: http://www.geartalkwithjasonklass.com/2008/02/clever-rei-employee-priceless.html

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools