Topic

Teton High Route

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve S

@idahosteve

Locale: Idaho

Hey, Im looking to get some info on the Teton High Route. I ran across an article on it, but it was really lacking on the actual route info. Does anyone have a description that I could use, and or download into a Nat Geo file? Thanks

Mark Seeley

@mseeley

Locale: Arizona

Steve, I'm not familiar with the "Teton High Route", but I hiked the Teton Crest Trail from Granite Canyon to Paintbrush Divide last summer. If that is what you are looking for, check out trails.com. They have a very good discription of the route.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Steve,

I have a TPO file of the high route. Let me know how you'd like me to get it to you.

Ryan

Steve S

@idahosteve

Ryan, please use my PM info and shoot it to me

Thanks for all your help!

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Anybody have a map of Petzoldt's 68-mile route along the crest?

Steve S

@idahosteve

I think I have the info… I couldn't find much detail out there, so I put it together based on his verbal description and my TOPO map program… I think I have it pretty well drawn out. Let me know if I can help…

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

If you can export into KML or GPX, that would be great. Ryan sent me the TPO file of his route but it was done as symbols instead of waypoints I guess so it doesn't work well. I'm currently writing an app to parse out his data to create my own KML file. I'll PM my email.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools