Topic

BPL Year End Sale Info

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info BPL Year End Sale Info

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

FYI the year end sale starts today but is only open to Lifetime Members. It's open to the general membership tomorrow. It will not be open to the public.

This is a COUPON CODE sale. You won't see the sale prices online. The coupon code is good for a 40% discount across the board, on everything.

To access your coupon code, you must visit this page:

2009 Year End Sale Terms and Conditions

This page is accessible to Lifetime Members today, and will be accessible to the rest of the Membership tomorrow.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Coupon is not valid on sale items."

Well, not 'everything!' Not hassling or complaining! Just sayin' ;-)

Or are you saying that #9 in the terms and conditions isn't correct?

All the best,

Doug

Anonymous
    Inactive

The most discouraging words know to a BPL customer:

“OUT OF STOCK AND NOT AVAILABLE FOR PRE-PURCHASE AT THIS TIME”

The items I’m interested in purchasing haven’t been in stock for a while… Yes I’m using stock alerts!

Still Patiently Waiting,
    Roger

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Whoops, sorry about that coupon thing! Fixing that now :) In addition to the coupon discount, we also dropped member pricing on most of the BPL house brand stuff that was in last week's winter sale, so there are some sweetened deals out there…

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Thanks Ryan! Some truly sweet deals!

All the best,

Doug

carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

Im a lifetime member and I cant´t access to the sale

Why?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Carlos, click the banner on the home page to get your coupon code.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Currently have a pro account but can't access the sale….?

Oh…I guess I can't get in until tomorrow?

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

Ryan, I have current membership (in fact I renewed mine 1-2 days ago and didn't recognize the option to do a lifetime, otherwise I'd have done a lifetime upgrade. I just emailed your support asking if that renewal money could apply to the lifetime upgrade. I should have paid more attention.), and your home page says the membership sale is good starting 12-26 for paid members, lifetime or annual. Yet, when I click I get "access denied" and I am logged on. (I can see Welcome my userid (M) at the top.)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Roleigh, Life members only today…

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

Must be due to me being in Aussie and a little ahead on the hours (currently the 27th here).

Access Denied
    You have attempted to access a page which you do not have the proper privileges to view. You may need to get a subscription to view the content.

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Thank You Ryan!

We spoke. You listened. We spend:)

Jim

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

I spent this morning, things changed, If I waited I could of saved $40 dollars…. arrr :(

Frustrating.

B. F.

@thrush

No joke, I selected arround 6 or 7 different items from all categorys, but ALL of them are out of stock. No use for the coupon.

Colin Sproule

@cawlin

Locale: The Rockies

also a little bummed out that I couldn't find a single item among 6 in stock. Oh well,

David Beechey
    BPL Member

@imp

Locale: UK

Couldn't agree more – would like to have bought many items ……. none are in stock, or have been in stock for many many months. Oh well :o(

David Ure

@familyguy

Maybe the MLifers cleaned it out?

;)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

"Maybe the MLifers cleaned it out?"

Sure, blame us!

Now what did I do with that online receipt…..

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

Well, I got on the sale and picked up a few items at 40% discount. Thanks BPL! They still have merino short sleeve T's and Cocoon vests in size large in stock at least.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The entire point of this sale is to sell out as much as possible for logistical reasons. I can't remember if Ryan has made the reasoning public yet or not so I don't want to say more than that.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Chris is right, the whole point of this sale is to clean out the warehouse, Ryan discusses why in this thread: Backpacking Light Warehouse Sale

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

N/A

Bradford's link is better than my explanation!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

They could have offered 80% off, but if there is nothing in stock……….. Don't blame me. I was checking out the store in the first few minutes of the sale and could not find anything of interest in stock. Looking forward to a change in that pattern.

P. P.

@toesnorth

Locale: PNW

I would have used the discount for a lifetime membership if that were allowed……….it isn't.
    At my age I should at least get a pro-rated lifetime membership! ;-)

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Maybe a useful page:
    What's left in stock for BackpackingLight.com's Year End Sale?

On another note, we will be discontinuing a number of items to make room for the new 2010 products, but I don't yet know exactly what those items will be until the first week of January; it depends in part on how things move this week.

On the fence right now and probably never to be seen again, but still in inventory today: Cocoon Pro Jacket and Pants, the current Quilts, Stix, Short Sleeve Merino UL.

Also the "Light in the Wild" poster will likely change in status from a "limited edition" to a "severely limited and out of print" edition after January 6. After that date, the only ones left in existence may be those that were purchased prior to January 6, which is not very many. If you're a collector, this might interest you. If you're not, then there's a great deal on the remaining prints in the store right now: $12 for members with your coupon, and free shipping.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools