Topic

2 Day 3 Night Indiana/tennesse/kentucky

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips 2 Day 3 Night Indiana/tennesse/kentucky

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

Need suggestions on locations for a 2 day 3 night hike in kentucky/indiana/tennessee areas. Hike can be in any of these 3 states. Anywhere from 30-50 miles distance is acceptable. If anyone has hikes they have done in this range in this area please chime in. Also will need shuttle recommendations, as I am solo, unless of course it is some kind of a loop. thanks

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

In the +20 mile range"

Indiana:
    Deam Wilderness – about 25 miles of loop options, lots of horse trails
    Knobstone Trail – 50 miles, quite hilly, would need a shuttle

Kentucky:
    Red River Gorge – Many miles and loop options

Tennessee:
    Big South Fork RA – Again, lots of nice loop options
    Tennessee/NC AT – there are several guys who will shuttle you for a reasonable amount. The Roan mountain/balds area is nice

Let me know if you need more details.

Chris

Hal Potts

@halpotts

Locale: Middle Tennessee

I like to hike the Smokies parking my car at the nicest little campground of all – Big Creek. (Closed to car camping in winter but there is a parking area there you can use) You can backpack up Mount Sterling and there are several nice loop options to bring you back. In general there are not very many people on this side of the Park – this time of year probably none. I am planning on heading over there myself before too much longer.

Also, I second the BigSouth Fork idea too!

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

i have decided on big south fork! If anyone knows any 2 night 3 day or 3night 4 day loops for this area, please let me know. thanks!

Scott Lehr

@lehrscott4

Locale: Louisville - KY

How did this trip go? I love BSF and like to hear others input.

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

search for ikemouser9

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools