Topic

light without pollution?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) light without pollution?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I was wondering if anyone makes a light light source that uses a rechargeable battery or such type thing. Right now I am using a average sized shake flash light but I would like to cut down the weight if I can and can't find a small one.

George Geist
    BPL Member

@geist

Locale: Smoky Mountains

Hi Brett,

Do a Google search on "mini 2-LED hand crank"
    and you will find several places to to purchase
    the following tiny, SUL hand cranked flashlight.
    I keep one clipped to my backpack.SUL hand cranked flashlight

two pints
    Spectator

@madgoat

Locale: Ohio

There are some interesting solar/crank lights out there, but so far I have not jumped into the market.

The lightcap is one that I have been intrigued by. At 9.7 oz for the water bottle / lantern combo, it sounds like a good idea but is still quite a bit heavier than my current headlamp with spare batteries and an aquafina bottle.

http://www.sollight.com/products/lc300.cfm

Still, the idea of not worrying about batteries appeals to me. Same with woodburning stoves, firesteels and using natural material as TP.

Cant wait until petzl puts out a handcrank light….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools