Topic

Looking for hood pattern

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Looking for hood pattern

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I'm wanting to make an uninsulated hood for a one-piece suit I have. I searched the forums here and about all I came up w/ is the pattern at Thru-Hiker.

Does anyone know of any other patterns…and preferably one I could print off?

Thanks.

Chris Collins

@hobbitling

do you mean an outer wear jumpsuit, or a baselayer. If it's a base layer, a balaclava might work better.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I have one someone emailed me.

Took forever as it was linked several times in a thread with dead links and whatnot, but finally someone that had made one was nice enough to send it directly to me.

PM me with your eamil address and I will send it to you.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Chris,

It's an outer layer suit…an older Gore-Tex Marmot I found yesterday at a second hand store for $25. It's in excellent shape but missing the snap-on hood.

Troy,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, guys.

rusty

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks Troy. I appreciate the pattern. That will come in handy when I build a balaclava.

For this particular project though, I was hoping to find a pattern for a hood…the type of hood found attached to jackets (shells, parkas, etc).

rusty

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Someone else directed me to to a specific page for a printable pattern. After going to the guys website and translating, I found a treasure chest of info, patterns and how-to's for the do-it-yourselfer.

I thought I'd share. http://translate.google.se/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.andersj.se&sl=sv&tl=en&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools