Topic

the Fire Mug

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear the Fire Mug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

I have developed a real love for woodburning camp stoves. I have seen many cool designs and that is one of the neat things about MYOG. There are so many ways to do things.
    I have the honey stove, really like it alot for a number of reasons, but for a few other reasons, I believe it will be for mainly sea kayak touring where I dont care as much about weight as I do volume.
    I have also built a few basic double walled stoves from the quart paint can down to really small ones and I am still impressed by their performance and their weight is acceptable too. They nest perfectly inside my pots with no rattle room. I m by no means finished with playing with these designs.

That being said I seem to be able to get more consistent fire and boil from my Fire Mug and I just like the way they look. The tops and bottoms must be a standard size because I have found all kinds of lids that snap on to them for carrying all your goodies inside.
    Everyone has been give a stainless travel mug at some point and they often lose lids and migrate to the back of the cupboard. They come in all shapes, sizes and thicknesses. It has both an integrated pot stand for alcohol stove mode or a separate hardware cloth stand for wood. All store inside the stove or cup.
    mug1 kit

burn

all

I didnt even think about the inner cup but then I realized that the whole system goes back together and you still have a great sealed container to eat or drink out of. You can still carry your back up top jetted meth stove.mug2 kit

Amy Reid
    BPL Member

@marmot8

Locale: central Sierra

Hi Brent —

I'd like to see the images, but for some reason the links are broken.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

i just checked them out.

you have to cut and past and don't include the [img]parts on the front or back of the url

-Tim

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

Sorry, first time posting pictures here. I actually copied the whole post from the one I put on BPLITE.com by the same name under "stove making ideas"

http://www.bplite.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3666
    I will post a little video of the flame and boil time tonight hopefully.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools