Topic

Weight vs ‘The Look’

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Weight vs ‘The Look’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I used to think that I was a function rules fashion kind of guy. This year I experimented using a Mountain Hardware Kilt. While I liked the performance, each time I wore it there was internal struggle waging. I realized I like clothing does doesn't make me stand out, e.g. camouflage. So for me, performance rules, but when I go outside certain norms I get uncomfortable.

–mark

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

When I wear my MH kilt, I definitely have to be in the mood to be noticed. It is nice and breezy though.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

I need to find one of those harnesses! I just got a pair of tie-dye lycra tights for my upcoming trip to josh!
    The best part is that im 15!

-Jace

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

"Wow. That's pretty special. And when I say special, I mean pink. LOL You don't still use that thing do you?"

Juston, it sat in a cupboard until a few years ago. My daughter started to get into climbing, so asked me if i wanted to climb with her one day. You should have seen her face when i dragged that beauty out of my sack at a busy crag! I've worn it once or twice when climbing with my son or daughter since. It's great seeing them trying to pretend they are not with me! :)

I have a more subdued harness if needed! :)

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Hmmm, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Dirty Girl Gaiters yet (or have they? I'm too lazy to look again).

I probably get more comments on mine than on anything else I carry/wear. And I don't even have the really obnoxious… er… I mean fantastic ones.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the kind offer, but I should be able to manage …
    Harness8077S

It used more for canyoning than climbing these days
    CrayfishCanyon

:-)

Cheers

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

I seriously need to get one of those harnesses!

-CS

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

my wife said we are all odd for choosing to sleep in dirt and hike in spider webs and poison ivy.

no matter how i'm dressed, i will still have fun. my favorite form ovr function event happened in highschool. it was a real cold evening at the football game. i was dressed for the conditions and was told by someone who i could hardly understand for all the shivering how stupid i looked. right.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Roger,
    If you do please put on a shirt.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools