Topic

What happened to Golite?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion What happened to Golite?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I would imagine it to be fairly difficult to sell average Joe & Jane on a High priced UL backpack that resembles a high tech grocery bag for their once a year three day weekend.

Spot on. That is the main reason why retailers here in Australia , and I suppose over there too, stay away from UL. Too much effort for too little return.
    However if you have a very focused and dedicated stuff ( for example Pro Mountain Sports in Seattle…) it can be done.
    Not that practical for a bigger non family own/owner operated outfit.
    Franco

Galliano Brian

@underway

Ii was personally dissapointed at Golite when I started seeing how kind of cheesey some of their new packs are! Looks like they've desighned them for the new up coming star trek film! The older packs were the shizzz!! Any hoot, If they are going to change their ways and make a products that are supposeddly more desirable to the main stream (bogus.) at least sell one or two light weight models for the thru-hiker, and/ or ultra light weighter's! Who do you think got the company to where it is anyways! The very type of people whom fight the poverty of giant corporations, hikers, and out doorsey people a like, who just want to get out into the woods to escape the ridiculous greed of corporal America. Not a very special product this way Golite! And i personally suspect your success will be short lived in these changing times! Too bad, because Golite WAS Sooooo Unique! Shame on you all $$$$$$$$$$

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools