Topic

ti rods bending in heat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear ti rods bending in heat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Is anybody else having a problem with the ti rods from BPL bending when heated? Am I doing something wrong? Thanx for your response.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

When these first became available a while back, someone else posted a similar experience to yours. They were being used as a pot support and didn’t work out for the same reason you experienced. I believe a BPL MYOG Staffer has made a successful pot support by not having the support in the stove flame. You might need a BPL On-Line Membership to view his successful Z-stand pot support.

Patrick Baker

@wildman

Jay Ham

@jham

Locale: Southwest

We are aware of this happening with some stoves. Mine works great with my alcohol stove; but some alcohol stoves burn too hot, or the combination of stove, windscreen, and pot creates an environment that is too hot for the ti-rod material. The good news is we have found that fringe material.

This was brought to my attention a couple of weeks ago by a reader, and I am working on a redesign of my z-stand that will get the material out of direct contact with the stoves flame. One of our readers loaned me their culprit alcohol stove for testing. I will be working on this over the weekend.

Thanks and appologies to those who have experienced problems,

Jay
    MYOG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools