Topic

Glove Systems

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Glove Systems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Stanhope

@stanhope2003

Locale: New England

What are other ppl. using for glove systems? I am currently set up for single day ascent on Mt Washington w/a EMS Liner Glove, Black Diamond Punisher, and BD Absolute Mitten. I've considered switching out the Liner and Punisher for a leather like the Hestra Ski Cross or 'working' glove. How do leathers hold up for mountaineering for use below treeline, then above treeline till mittens are needed. I have been told leathers are great for skiing but they don't breathe well compared to something like the BD Punisher. Any suggestions? or Advice on a single day winter glove system.

nanook ofthenorth
    BPL Member

@nanookofthenorth

The answer is lots of light shelled gloves.
    I go for 1-2 pairs mid-weight softshell. One pair warmer, and one pair warm mittens.
    The trick is to have lots of pairs and as they wet out putting them inside your jacket, close to your core, to dry out. Kelly Cordes has a good post about this on his blog.
    Hope that helps.

Elena Lee
    BPL Member

@lenchik101

Locale: Pacific Northwest (USA)

Check RBH designs gloves on their website. specifically read the reviews. that is what i use

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools