Topic

instant refried beans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition instant refried beans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I cook some beans, then dehydrate them. Use food processor to chop them up. They rehydrate easily. I think that would be equivalent to instant refried beans. Put some spices in the beans while I'm at it. And some olive oil for calorie density. I throw in some dehydrated peppers, tomatoes, and onions while I'm at it, but then it's not refried beans.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

All you have to do is call your credit card company and get your money back. Never use anything but a credit card online. Those are sold at some Walmarts.

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

I use the Winco bulk refried beans. I boil instant rice while heating the water, then let them finish cooking while the beans rehydrate. Add a taco bell sauce packet and it's a perfect hot meal. Quick cooking, and if you add too much water, it's soup. Kelly

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools