Topic

best destination to escape January?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips best destination to escape January?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    N. F.
    BPL Member

@neezydeezy

Locale: ADKs

Hi guys, I live in NYC and I'd like to plan a trip soon. I've never seriously gone hiking/backpacking anywhere outside New York, but I want to go somewhere warm. This would be a solo trip, so safety is a concern. I'm also looking to spend less than $500 on plane tickets. I speak Spanish, and am currently considering Belize, because I can get cheap tickets.

Anyone have any recommendations or ideas for how to get good information for planning such a trip?

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.

Thanks!

Zack Karas
    BPL Member

@iwillchopyouhotmail-com

Locale: Lake Tahoe

The Lonely Planet guide for Belize is good. You might be able to arrange something near the Mayan temples? There are (I think) jaguars and such there, fyi. I'd personally wrestle a griz.

N. F.
    BPL Member

@neezydeezy

Guatemala is looking even cheaper. Any fun 5-or-so day hikes around Lake Atitlan?

N. F.
    BPL Member

@neezydeezy

bump for ideas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools