Topic

Big Agnes Sarvis 1 and 2 eVENT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Big Agnes Sarvis 1 and 2 eVENT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

These tents are selling for 50% off retail price on the Big Agnes website.

http://www.bigagnes.com

I take this as a sign that BA is going to have to discontinue making the eVENT models of the Sarvis tents.

James Schipper
    BPL Member

@monospot

I think they may just be making room for the new models. See link below.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/big_agnes_seedhouse_sl_sarvis_updates_orsm05.html

Or maybe those are just the regular version and the eVENT version is being canceled. With all the lighter eVENT jackets I was hoping there would be more tent options, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

when i bought my Sarvis SL1 two weeks ago, they had about 100 of them left. they had to discontinue the eVENT line because the fabric’s manufacturer no longer is allowing eVENT to be used in tent construction.

i am very pleased with the design and quality of the tent. for some it’s a stone, but for me, it’s 2.5 POUNDS lighter than my old tent, is free standing, and is a heck of a value.

the tent has good ventilation and is plenty roomy for me and some crap – i’m just a tad over 6 feet. the vestibule is smaller than my other tent.

-steve

Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

Hi Steve,

What have you found the pack weight for the Sarvis SL1 eVent to be?

-jeff

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

using 7 stakes (not the full 11) it weighs just under 50 ounces. for me, it’s worth the weight to be able to have some room. great venting and enough head room for me.

this weekend will be the first trip using it – looking forward to it.

-steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools