Topic

Patagonia Nano Puff Pull Over

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patagonia Nano Puff Pull Over

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Has anybody tried this P/O from Patagonia….. I wonder what temp it is good to? I am thinking about getting a XL at 11.5oz…Seems like a good three-season piece of clothing. (Insulation Layer)

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

I love this pullover, it may very well be my favorite insulating layer ever. It layers well when used with a mid weight base layer and a R1 Hoody. I prefer to stay away from temp ratings but would personally use this system to the mid to low thirties. The Patagonia Nano is well made, lite and warm – whats not to like.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

You can get 20 percent off one at Rock Creek (rockcreek.com) with free shipping until Dec. 10, FWIW.

Lapsley Hope

@laps

I love this piece of gear too and would say its easily warm into the low 30's.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

I'll be the contrarian. I don't think it's warm at all. Now where near warm enough when paired with a long john top and a shell jacket at thirty degrees. Heck, my normal Puff pullover doesn't really cut it at that temp.

Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

Lots of detail from me here.

After wearing it another few months, I only love it more. I live in this thing.

YAMABUSHI !
    BPL Member

@thunderhorse

Ive got to agree with Jack.

In general I would say its a great piece of kit!

Since I purchased one, I find myself tossing it in the bag.

Its quite light, warm, fairly wind proof (under a wind shirt even better!), very comfortable, and drizzle resistant

A definate for all 3 seasons.

but when temps drop (below 35ish for my body) it definately needs support to keep me from running cold be it extra base layers or wind shirt as previously stated.

-Thunder H.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Thanks for all the great feedback people—I think I will get one for next season.

It seems like a perfect 3-season Insulation Layer.. Time will tell?

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Nothing is perfect. All gear has compromises!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

You are right Jack–Nothing is perfect–too many variables-like Seasonal & Geographical..

Patrick Young
    BPL Member

@lightingboy

Locale: Midwest

I had mine of these for about 2 months then returned it.

The Primaloft One feels like down.

The lycra cuffs were fraying and I noticed piling on the shell at the quilting stitches. The 15 denier Polyester seems less durable than say the MB 15 Denier Nylon.

Was tight in the torso at the lats. Hem seemed to always creep up higher on the torso as I wore it. As for warmth, I'd rate it to 35-40F with a LS base layer.

For perspective, I'm 5'10" and 165lbs. Chest measurement of 40". I had a medium Nano Puff.

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

I am loving my Nano Puff. Bought it around 6 months ago and has proven itself very versatile. Temp ratings will be different for everyone but I can wear this alone with a light baselayer into the mid 30's. I also like that the thinner insulation allows me to easily wear it under my hardshell on cold winter days. The Nano is awesome if you want a daily goto jacket that you can also stuff into your pack for the weekends.

Zack Freije
    BPL Member

@oldskool

Locale: Ohio

I love, love, love mine. It is light, not bulky, packs away small and keeps me toasty.

I have a long sleeve medium weight smartwool, the nano puff, and a wind/water proof shell. It seems to keep me quite warm in the 30s depending on my activity level.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools