Topic

What are the best Bike Forums (mtn, touring, road)?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What are the best Bike Forums (mtn, touring, road)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Need to ask a few questions, appreciate any thoughts on the most active/quality forums.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

MTBR.com Pinkbike.com Roadbikereview.com are a few I would look into.

For light weight stuff check out light-bikes.com and weightweenies.starbike.com.

Tony Vails

@pro_out

James Naphas
    BPL Member

@naphas13

Locale: SoCal

For roadies http://www.bikeforums.net. It also has pretty good touring, winter, commuting, and other communities. It's probably the most active forum I've seen regardless of subject matter. Expertise is variable, though, and the roadie forum can be pretty brutal for a newbie.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

MTBR endurance forum has some pretty experienced posters that will reply but the biggest concentration of people that bikepack off road has got to be http://www.bikepacking.net. It's awesome!

Michael Meiser

@mmeiser

Locale: Michigan

Ultralight biking:
    http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ultralightbiking/

Primarily colonized by those doing the Great Divide and some Iditarod racers.

mtbr.com of course

Didn't see crazyguyonbike.com for touring. Definitely a sensation.

Local bike groups are also one of the best sources of infromation since gear availability, road and trail conditions, weather and what not are highly regionalized.

When I'm touring I'll often find bicycle groups mailing lists for the areas or trails I'm planning on traveling though or on and ask them questions. They are invalueable and often as happy to provide info as I am to be able to ask it. Localied knowlege rules.

There are also a bunch of great mailing lists on various subjects: touring, bike company mailing lists, you name it. can't begin to give an overview but there is a whole lot of conversation out there. An order of magnitude more then the great niche that is this ultralight forum.

Oh… also, flickr.com. Not sure their forums are a good place for discussion but there are hundreds of bike related groups and they're very active, for photo sharing at least. Some discussion goes on in the comments on photos as well.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Cyclingforums.com and Cyclingnews.com, I really like the fitness Q and A on the later.

Thomas Bennett

@davidmakalaster

I only know mountain bikes.

If you want good tech info ridemonkey.
    If you want to shoot the $hit with some cool people mtbr.
    If you want to mingle with the pros and like the DH race scene vitalMTB.
    If you want to listen to retarded 13 year olds talk about color coordinating parts pinkbike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools