Topic

Indiana – Adventure Hiking Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Indiana – Adventure Hiking Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Going to try this out in 2 weeks. Have never been. Can anyone offer any advice on cache spots for water, starting trailheads, 2 day vs 3 day? I want to start hiking the Knobstone but with only 1 car would be more difficult for a friend and I.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

From what I understand, AHT is very poorly maintained, is poorly blazed, and still has many blowdowns from the hurricane (yes hurricane) last year, though I don't believe you need to cache water. If you are looking for loop options, my recommendation would be Deam Wilderness (wait until the horse trails dry out a bit more), or Red River Gorge.

Chris

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I thought the title was an oxymoron! Who knew?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Everything I have read indicated caching water. I am aware of the poor maintenance, not really a bother to me (taking GPS, no big hurry). I have been to Deam 50+ times in my life and just did the Sycamore Loop last weekend. I live in Columbus and most of my friends live in Bloomington but wanting to get out and see more in Indiana.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

How did it go? I'd like to get down there sometime.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools