Topic

Golite Paradox or other similar waterproof softshell pants?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Paradox or other similar waterproof softshell pants?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Anyone tried these? They might be a good solution for me although the Paradox in a medium is getting scarce. Any other options you guys have tried?

I've got a couple other pairs of non-WP softshell pants but I do want WP for this test.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Take a look at my review here from a few years ago. I found with use they are not real great in warm weather (over 75?) because they don't breathe well and tend to get hot. Other than that, my review still holds. I actually ended up giving them to my daughter recently, because I prefer to wear thorofare pants, and during wet times, just add a rain skirt, because it's so fast. I'm still working on the dork factor of the rain skirt, however.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=8537&skip_to_post=61607#61607

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I bought some from STP, and thought the fit was really strange. They seemed really tight around the knees, of all things. Maybe I just got a bad pair.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I'm hoping to try them on at the sale on Friday. They won't be used in temps above ~40 deg and more likely it will be below zero F.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools