Topic

CampSaver 25% Off Code

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals CampSaver 25% Off Code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

"blackfriday09" any non-sale item. Im so ticked off that I put in an order 3 days ago and now I cant used this code. Sigh, oh well, hopefully some of you guys can take advantage of the offer.

Andy Stroman

@campsaver

Locale: Northern Utah

hey Tomothy,
    was your order with CampSaver.com? I'll give you 25% off the order you placed 3 days ago if it was with us.

-Andy

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to clear up the fact that I was frustrated at myself and not at Campsaver. These guys are great and it was not my intentions to try to cast a negative shadow onto Andy's company. All that I was saying was that I wished I would have held off on making my purchases until Black Friday, rather than before. Andy could not have helped this and the regulations were clearly posted on their site about not being able to use coupon codes on previous purchases. So regardless of if I made my purchase an hour before the coupon was available, policy is policy. You win some and you lose some. In other words, you cant expect to get the best deal all of the time. I appreicate Andy taking notice of my post, but I definitely wanted to clear this matter up. He's got a great company and I highly suggest doing business with him. Alright, well thanks for taking the time to listen to my public announcement and good luck all your deal holiday shopping!

– T

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I never could find a place to enter the code???????????

does it come up AFTER you submit your credit card info? that makes it a little leery for me as your submitting the order w/o knowing if you got the discount or not

thanks

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

I looked everywhere on the cart and checkout pages and could find no place to enter any codes. If it's there, it's sure well hidden.

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Guys the promotion is over. You will not find a place to type in the code or any other code for that matter at this current moment in time, because Andy does not have any promotions currently running. I assure you though, that if and when he does run a promotion, the box is always located on the first page of the checkout process. The page where you see what you put into your cart. Right below the cart is where the code box would normally be. Once again, the box was there on the day after Thanksgiving and on other days or weeks that Andy has run promotions on, but do not expect to see the code box there at this current moment in time.

David Ure

@familyguy

As soon as you add it to your cart, you will see a place to enter promotional coupons on the left. Hard to miss guys.

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

Ok, now the box shows up in the cart, but it wasn't a few days ago. So maybe there is now another promotional offering going on that we don't yet know about…..

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

here is a list of current codes.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Timothy said "Guys the promotion is over. You will not find a place to type in the code or any other code for that matter at this current moment in time, because Andy does not have any promotions currently running. I assure you though, that if and when he does run a promotion, the box is always located on the first page of the checkout process. The page where you see what you put into your cart. Right below the cart is where the code box would normally be. Once again, the box was there on the day after Thanksgiving and on other days or weeks that Andy has run promotions on, but do not expect to see the code box there at this current moment in time."

I DID try and use it on Friday after you posted up the code- there was no place to put a code- there now appears to be a place to put a code, of course this is offer is now expired so it's a moot point :(

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Hmmm weird, I saw it. I remember this because I put an item into the my card just to see what the discount would be like. Worked fine with me. Maybe we were looking at it during two different points in the day.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

very possibly, in hindsight I should have called

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Do worry I lost this time around too ;)

Andy Stroman

@campsaver

Hey Everyone,
    We regularly add and remove the coupon box, depending on if there is an active code or not. If you attempted to place an order on Friday and there was no box then send me an email and your experience and we'll take care of it. The black friday deal was a short one day deal that we did just for friday.

The reason we don't keep the box visible is complicated but it has something to do with paying affiliate commissions to sites that don't actually send us customers.

One question about this forum. Is there a way to track a thread and get emailed whenever someone posts? I never know if users are commenting on my threads unless I login and check.

Thanks,
    Andy

CampSaver.com

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

ndy,

At the top of the first post is a "Watch this Thread" button. It sends an email anytime someone posts.

(Of course you won't see my post until you log in again!!)

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=26544

Its about my experience with Andy. I had to make a thread of its own to address matters.

Andy Stroman

@campsaver

thanks!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools