Topic

Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River, Yosemite National Park, California

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River, Yosemite National Park, California

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Larry Sullivan

@150mph

Locale: Los Angeles

Here are photos from my trek through the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River in Yosemite National Park in Central California, July 16-19, 2009. More photos and a trip report on my site PlanetRambler.com

waterfallTuolumne Falls

waterfall2View west, one mile below Glen Aulin

waterfall 3Noisy cascade

waterfall 4LeConte Falls

waterfall 5Waterwheel Falls

waterfall 6Tributary stream west of Muir Gorge

lakeHetch Hetchy from the trail to White Wolf

Linda Vassallo

@eastbayhiker

Locale: Eastbay

Larry: Beautiful trip and photos. Several years ago I did a day hike to Waterwheel Falls. My husband and I would like to return. The canyon is one of my favorites. Enjoyed looking at all the photos of this trip on your web site. Love your panoramas

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

i have enjoyed your pictures a lot, from all your trips. you are a lucky man to get so much time off, or do you photograph professionally to have an excuse to get out so much?

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Amazing pics. All that hard work i did lightening my pack and now i want to stuff a 2lb camera in, thanks alot. maybe i can tie some helium ballons to the camera and pull it along on a leash. :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

what beautiful pictures of an amazing place… a question: how wide of an angle lense did you use? what camera? I am truly impressed and inspired

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Breathtaking photos….absolutely stunning.

What software did you use for assembling the panoramic shots?

-Tony

Miner
    BPL Member

@miner

Locale: SoCAL

Great photos and I'm sure it was a great trip. I hiked the canyon in late May 2007(a very low snow year) and remember it fondly (well not the mosquitos). I wouldn't mind going back again.

Larry Sullivan

@150mph

Locale: Los Angeles

Brandon – I'm really lucky to have a great boss who has let me take as much "unpaid leave" as I ask for when we're not too busy. It's hard financially for me but I'll never say "man, i got out in the wilderness way too much this season"

Katharina – I use a Nikon D-5000 with it's default Nikkor 18-55mm lens – a nice relatively wide angle lens.

Tony – Thanks for your remarks. I use Photoshop CS4. I spend more time putting all my panoramas together than the trip took. Most don't make the final cut, but I finish everything before archiving. Your postings of your journeys and entertaining writing have inspired me so thank you too.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Larry,

I use Photoshop Elements' idiot features to do a quick clean up of my shots.

I hear you on the editing time.

Kills me….auto clean the photo and then compare the orginal vs. the cleaned up one to see which one is better.

Toss out the bad ones.

Which shots tells the story better than the 2 shots before it.

Pain in the butt to get done, but I love the results when it is finished.

Anyway, thanks for sharing….always nice to share the adventure with others, especially considering all of the work you have put into your website.

Suggestion, if you don't have it…..put in a slide show feature for your photos.

-Tony

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools