Topic

Montane Air jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montane Air jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erik Sund

@sundek

Field and Trek, an English outfit, has the Montane Air jacket on sale for £84.99, which is a pretty darn good price as I see it. The catch is that they won’t ship to the US. Drats. I’m thinking about seeing if I can send the money to a friend’s sister who lives in London, but then things start to get complicated and I’m not sure it’s worth the effort. I’m posting here in the hope that someone else might be able to benefit. Here’s the link:

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/product.asp?pf_id=49126

Andy Dixon

@sideshowandy

another UK outdoor chain has the Montane event smock at £80 (plus a couple of other event jackets reduced by 50%)

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/Cat/111625?Ref=

according to their mailing page, they do ship to the USA – orders up to £200 charge is £20….

david chan

@davidc-1

If a UK resident buys from a UK retailer, the price quoted will include a “value added tax” of 17.5%. If the same item is ordered from (and shipped to) USA that tax does not have to be charged, though most retailers will only deduct it if asked, and some not even then.

Always ask about this and shop elsewhere if they won’t deduct it.

David

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

That Field & Trek deal is pretty good.

Travellers may choose to take note:

The Montane Air jacket has been available in Taiwan since it first came out at a price of about US$200.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools