Topic

Backpacking Light 2009 Reader Photo Contest Results

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Backpacking Light 2009 Reader Photo Contest Results

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Backpacking Light 2009 Reader Photo Contest Results

Congratulations, winners! I'll be in touch tomorrow to set up your lifetime memberships and gift certificates. Thanks to everyone who submitted!

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Awesome shots.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Truly fantastic.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Nice to see some familiar names in there!

Patrick Starich
    BPL Member

@pjstarich

Locale: N. Rocky Mountains

Wow! Could there a BPL photo contest calendar in the future?

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

Well done to all the winners and those that got a mention, awesome photos.

Calendar is a great thought

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

Great stuff from the entrants. Also I loved the constructive criticism. It will help me fix similar issues in my photos.

Ed Huesers
    BPL Member

@iglooed

What can be better than a lifetime membership as retirement gets closer.
    Thanks for the comments on the picture too, my next camera gear addition is in the plans… A ND filter, I see the need/use in a large percentage of my photos.
    Thanks Folks,

Casey Cardwell
    BPL Member

@niles

Locale: On the Dirt in Oregon

Thanks to the judges for their kind remarks and apt criticism! Considering the entries, I feel very lucky!

Thanks again!

David Johnston
    BPL Member

@dsjtecserv

Thank you to the judges for their comments and suggestions, and congratulations to Sean and the other honorees.

Dave

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Since the entire lot of pictures were submitted electronically, why not post them ALL? I would imagine even the least rated picture would be inspiring and welcomed by all.

Sean Mahoney
    BPL Member

@cutlassdude70

Locale: Southern California

What an awesome surprise! With all those amazing entries, I feel really lucky. :)

Sean

Patricia Combee

@trailfrog

Locale: Northeast/Southeast your call

Very Sweet! Made me want to shoulder my pack, pick a scene and start walking into the photo.
    Congrats to all.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

First of all, awesome work! The finalists represent such a diverse body of work. Very inspiring.

Second, I enjoyed the article format enormously. As a complete hack photographer myself, the learning aspect was most welcome.

I do take issue with the winner (and I want to do this without any disrespect to you Sean, or your excellent work). Mesa Arch is 1/2 mile from the road, and at sunrise it's been photographed to death many times over. That would seem to disqualify it, given the stated criteria (emphasis added).

Keep up the good work BPL and fellow forum members.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Ed, your photo is beautiful.

Ed Huesers
    BPL Member

@iglooed

Thanks Craig. I've taken a lot of pictures over the years but I do believe this is my best one. I do keep looking for a better one though.

Sean Mahoney
    BPL Member

@cutlassdude70

Locale: Southern California

I agree with Craig. Ed, that photo is absolutely stunning. While it's dominated by dark tones, it works incredibly well and almost feels like a painting. I love it! :)

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

Wow, all of those photos are great and some of them are absolutely stunning. I first saw the article a few days ago and when I got home from work that night I pulled out my camera system and started thinking about how I could lighten it up so I would bring it along again!

(Figuring out how to capture shots like these would also provide extra motivation.)

Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

Awesome pics guys/gals! Just makes me want to be outdoors even more.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

I'm glad when I am able to finagle a little receiving back at ya when ya do some askin' about a really neat community project for us this year!

Click here to Sign up for a Stock Alert for the BPL 2010 Calendar that will ship January 11!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like Patrick Starich idea back in 11-24 for the BPL photo contest calendar has become a reality. It’s nice of BPL to compensate the contributors of the photos for their skill and artistry.

Charles Hill
    Spectator

@chuckster

Locale: Georgia

Just received my calendar today. Thanks BPL for including my photo (Dec. 2010). It's really an honor to be included along with all these great photos.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools