Topic

Feminine mid-night calls of nature

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Feminine mid-night calls of nature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    P. P.

@toesnorth

Locale: PNW

Kimberly,
    Actually, the freshette has heavy duty bags that work with the freshette for times when you can't or don't want to go outside. My sister uses them all time, no mishaps. I prefer to go outside and commune with nature, like Sarbar. ;-)

Susan Goettsch

@goettschie

Hi everybody! First, thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge – it has been a great help to me and my pack is getting lighter and I am having more fun every year. This is my first post – obviously a topic that really moves me! I am 60, have to pee 2 to 3 times per night and am a very light sleeper. If I get out there and get a glimpse of the stars and the moon, I find it so stimulating that I want to stay up and can't get back to sleep. That's the main reason why I sleep in my MSR Hubba.
    (I'm flying over next summer to hike the JMT for the third time.) I also freeze easily, carry very little clothing and often sleep in everything I am packing. I am reluctant to crawl out of my down bag, but I just shove it aside and pee into a Nalgene Cantene – 80g/2,8oz.- a clean solution, holds plenty and is specially an advantage when you have to camp at a public campground. Shoot, I know people over here in Germany who drink their own urine for the health benefits – fortunately I've never felt bad enough to do that!

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

Aiming the urine is what the device is for. And you don't have to squat or pull down your pants. You kneel and just open your fly.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools