Topic

1/2 oz. Polycarbonate Coated Ripstop Polyester

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1/2 oz. Polycarbonate Coated Ripstop Polyester

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    >> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

I checked out Hang em High fabrics and they had 1/2 oz Polycarbonate Coated Ripstop Polyester which is 3/4 oz coated. It sounds like it would be waterproof but to what degree. The 54" wide fabric is $12.99 but considering the weight this isn't bad. From what I have read polyester tends to sag less than nylon. At this low weight I'm not sure how well it would hold up though. Does anyone have experience with this material?

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

They got back to me extremely quickly saying that it was not waterproof or resistant. Oh well!

Has anyone tried the 3/4 oz coated ripstop from Goodwinds?

Anonymous

really nice

mark henley

@flash582

Just make sure it's a standard yard … most Kite material is sold by the sailmakers yard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools