Topic

Bear Warning sign in BC

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

A sign seen at a State Park in B.C., Canada warned about bears. They advised people to wear bear bells and bring "Pepper Spray". The sign ended with the following paragraph:

"Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity and learn to tell the difference between black bear __ces and grizzly bear fe__ Black bear fe__ is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear sh__ has bells in it and smells like pepper."

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I didn't realize we had State Parks here in Canada :)

Justin Chaussee

@judach

Locale: Earth

Hahaha. I needed a good laugh this morning. I want to hang that sign up on my wall. Thanks for the laugh.

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

Dan, The sign was apparently written by the "BC Fish and Wildlife Branch" on a sign posted at the Fort Steele Campground. The picture of the sign was e-mailed to me by a friend. That is all the info I have.

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

"Dan, The sign was apparently written by the "BC Fish and Wildlife Branch" on a sign posted at the Fort Steele Campground."

I was just joking about the 'State Park' because here in Canada they are called Provincial Parks (since we have provinces rather than states). If there was a 'State Park' in Canada, a lot of citizens would be concerned about a USA take over ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools