Topic

canyon country april or may 06

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips canyon country april or may 06

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    les lloyd
    BPL Member

@denaliguide

Locale: new zealand & alaska

i’m looking for a partner to hike in to canyonlands nat. park, grand gulch or escalante nat. monument. which one im open to discussion. ive hiked all of them extensively, but there are some parts of each which i would love to explore some more. expect difficult route finding and some technical sections on routes in all of them. i have all gear for the technical sections. slickrock, slot canyons, anasazi ruins and rock art. what could be more fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Les,

I was thinking the same (April/May) keep me posted on what your planning. I’ve traveled Grand Gulch (Kane to Bullet) and parts of Canyonlands NP.

Regards,

Roger: [email protected]

John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

Roger, Les,
    Also planning to be hiking in area at that time. Have hiked Capitol Reef, and BLM land around Zion. Could be interesting in connecting. [email protected].

Craig Shelley

@craig_shelley

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Just noticed your posting on 4/1. I would also be interested. My email is [email protected] I live in Grand Junction CO so driving time is short to the area you’re talking about. I already have a lot of trips planned during April and May but it would be interesting learning from others.

Craig

Anonymous
    Inactive

John, Les & Craig I’m looking forward to spending the 3rd week of April as well as sometime in May in either Canyon Lands-Utah, Havasu Falls(Grand Canyon) / Paria Canyon Slots-Arizona, Grand Gulch-Utah or some combination of these locations. At least in till the snow-pak melts in the Sierra’s .

[email protected]

John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

Hi folks, I’m playing around w/ a few dates, will contact you via e-mail shortly…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools