Topic

Rec’d sources for travel meds etc, 1st aid kit bits, and dehydrated meals?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Rec’d sources for travel meds etc, 1st aid kit bits, and dehydrated meals?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joe Schroeder

@westy

Apologies as I'd come across a suggested few sources in the past here but regrettably didn't bookmark and can't find them. Some travel meds in small dose/packets, some first aid items to supplement existing kits of mine, and time for restocking my dehydrated meals.

Looking to buy a variety of items including (many others but recently broken collar bone med's have my focus off)
    – Immodium AD single doses
    -benadryl single dose
    -triple antibiotic or rec'd equivalent, single or v. small pack
    -benzoyn
    -irrigation syringes
    -triangle bandages
    -suture kit
    -few bandages, helping others consumed my 'knee style'? one's in my brave soldier's kit
    -antiseptic wipes
    -some dehydrated meals, only couple I've eat regularly are Mountain House chili mac'n'cheese and spaghetti, looking to expand on that (used on hotel trips as well for ease of eating effectively after v. long days)
    -suggested probar source?

Fewer sites I can get all desired bits from the better.

Many thanks and if I missed any obvious list please direct me, I've searched with a number of terms with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

You can find many individual doses of many medications at minimus.biz. Also many condiment packets, single packets of oatmeal and other cereals, single tea bags…. I've gotten quite a bit for backpacking trips including ranch dressing and honey.

I haven't tried a lot of dehydrated meals, but Packit Gourmet has excellent ones. The rest I have made myself and spent less than if I'd bought prepackaged… don't need a dehydrator for most things.

Joe Schroeder

@westy

Many thanks Lori, those are the two I enjoyed cruising through recently but couldn't recreate!

(some med's I have but am uncertain on their life in a 2×2 inch ziploc ?? ie. pepto/sinus meds etc )

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Recreating MH spaghetti isn't hard and you can do your own at home soooo much tastier, filling and more protein :-)
    http://www.trailcooking.com/dehydrating101/diy-meal-vs-commercial-freeze-dried-meal

As for the meds, I try to get the 1 or 2 pills in a sealed foil packets if I can and swap out every year or so for best results – usually from Minimus or the local pharmacy.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools