Topic

Pole Set

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pole Set

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

Hello,
    I have a golie Hex 2 that I love for shorter hikes, and when I may have to wait out weather. It is the first gen model and I do have the nest for it. Now that my kids are going hiking with me, the thought of being able to set this tent up without the use of a single center pole seem very benifical to me.
    I was wondering if it was possible to get a tripod like design set of poles made up to eliminate the center pole. I am sure that some reinforcement fabric would be needed at the points where the poles meet the floor, and perhaps a type of hub at the peak to evenly support the tent.
    So, what do think about this? Is it possible? Where would I start? Who could build this? Does tripod need adjustable legs? Thanks for the input!
    Regards,
    John

James Byrnes
    Spectator

@backfeets1

Locale: Midwest.... Missouri

Just use 2 poles.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools