Topic

Sleep Clothes?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Sleep Clothes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

I know that Phil. requires seperate sleep clothes, and without getting into the whys of that, what did you take, and how did it work out? Im looking for a lightweight option (should go without saying) that will also be comfy :)

-Jace

George Geist
    BPL Member

@geist

Locale: Smoky Mountains

My sleep cloths were a 3oz pair of Terramar boxers that I kept packed in my 30 degree sleeping bag until bedtime.

My tent mate (the scout master) slept in his light weight long handles – top and bottoms. About 12oz

Neither of us got cold at night on our July Trek.

Glenn Smith
    Spectator

@gosmithpa

Locale: Southern Arizona

Used patagonia capilene long bottoms and long sleeve patagonia capilene top with extra pair of hiking socks I rotated with my other pairs. Finally a lightweight beanie. Used this same combination in 2007 and this year in June/July.

This gives you the option to use these if the temps should require any additional layers. Just don't use them around food!

Wesley Witt
    Spectator

@weswitt

Locale: Northwest

I took a crew to Philmont this summer. Sleeping clothes was not a requirement and in fact was never even discussed.

Mack Regan

@jregan12

Locale: Southwest

A pair of boxers

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for backing up my decision. Expect to see a hypothetical gear list coming up shortly!

-Jace

Chris Granger

@stump

i use a base layer thermal pants and a tank top

Conrad Stoll

@cnstoll

Really you just need a spare light shirt to substitute for your sweaty one from hiking. If don't sleep with a shirt on, then just a fresh pair of boxers or something along those lines.

Perry Clark

@peterlake

Primary consideration–no food smells.

Secondary consideration–no attractant smells.

Third–whatever makes you comfortable.

Remember–other clothes will be in pack, near fire ring, part of the "Bear-muda triangle". (Don't look at me, I didn't come up with the name!)

Unknown abc

@edude

"Secondary consideration–no attractant smells."

that shouldn't be a problem with teenage boys :p lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools