Topic

Ultralight Outdoor Gear in the UK

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Outdoor Gear in the UK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Has anyone in the US ordered from this company before? How was your experience?

Thanks

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

I'm not from the US, Chris, but i and others have bought loads of stuff from them without any problems.
    Just giving you a UK buyers viewpoint.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Thanks Mike. They have some great stuff we don't have US dealers for at good prices despite our weak dollar.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

The UK £ is pretty weak too. Everything imported is getting expensive here. :(

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

What stuff are you looking it? Most of the stuff I see are available in the states

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Extremities Tuff Bags primarily. But also Montane pants.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Chris, I have bought from them. UK to Finland takes four to five days, shipping is cheap, service is excellent, fast and friendly.

Dan Cunningham from the US has ordered there, read it here, and he received his goods a week later.

UOG is for me the best UL online shop in Europe. Period.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Thanks Hendrik!

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Locale: The fabulous Pyrenees

Hi Chris!

I agree: excellent customer service, fast delivery, and good product catalog.

Even with shipping costs, buying British brand is good business.

PS: I live in Spain.

joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Locale: Bergen, Norway

Great company, good communications and service. You won't be dissapointed.

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

I'll chime in that they are fantasic too. Ship to Spain no problem, always fast and reliable.
    cheers,
    fred

Philip Carr

@unsponsored

Locale: UK

I live a only couple of miles from this company and stumbled upon them on the web after winning a BA Seedhouse on ebay and needed a footprint. Although web based they were quite happy for me to call in at there offices.

Great service and great prices. I can't fault there service at all.

J B
    BPL Member

@johannb

Locale: Europe

Ordered from them once (I'm in Germany). Very fast and no problems, but I didn't have any returns or so.

Peter Atkinson
    BPL Member

@peterbob

Locale: Yorkshire, England

Just to confirm that I find them a great company as well; they post purchased goods very quickly after an order, and what I especially like is that they will give an honest opinion about a product – I really value this honest opinion.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Ordered all the way to NZ and they were first rate. They also took VAT off the price of my goods.

Julian Thomas

@jtclicker

Me too, fast service, choice of shipping options, very friendly on the phone. Shipping to Spain was within a week both times

Michael Gonzales
    BPL Member

@dynomo01

Locale: Southeast

I have purchased gear from Ultralight Outdoor Gear and received exceptional service. I am greatly disappointed that they cannot sell to the US anymore.

I found this company when I was looking for a 550 ml titanium cook pot because BPL store was out of stock.

Ordering was easy, paying was easier — paypal, the shipping time and cost was very reasonable.

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Bought quite a few things from them, never had any problem.

Andrew Mazibrada

@cohenfain

Locale: UK and Western Europe

I've bought a whole host of stuff from them recently, including my new Western Mountaineering Summerlite. Mark is superb – really good at dealing with his customers and managing deadlines and he's a knowledgeable guy. A lot of us order last minute bits and he appreciates the urgency of some orders and will do everything he can to accommodate. Hendrik is absolutely right – they are a great retailer.

Sieto van der Heide

@sieto

Locale: The Netherlands

I've also bought a bunch of stuff from UOG, among which a special order. Mark is very quick to reply to emails and I find the website very informative. For all european people on BPL, UOG is highly recommended as far as I'm concerned.

Michael Gonzales
    BPL Member

@dynomo01

Locale: Southeast

The selling of gear to USA customers has resumed as of July 24, 2010 Previously there was some issue with the shipping of merchandise to the USA. I have ordered from Ultralight Outdoor Gear – great service, huge selection of in-stock inventory, and quick shipment of order. If you cannot find the product in the USA check with these guys. They carry the Tibetan 550 ml Ti mug.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools