Topic

BPL beartooth merino wool shorts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BPL beartooth merino wool shorts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Hello people

Anyone have any feedback on these?

Thanks Jim

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

bump

Joseph Jacaruso
    BPL Member

@captainjac

Locale: Southeast

Jim

I have not worn this shorts but I have worn the GoLite Stride shorts (same design just in poly). They are great. I felt a little strange in them at first but after a day of rain south of Shenandoah in June I was sold! No wet cling on the back of the legs like nylon supplex.

Draw backs are that they are a little slow to dry but hold so little water its not that big a deal. However there is no chaffing because of the fit. My experience with wool is that it dries a little slow also. The up side to wool is that it naturally does not hold oders. I wear wool shirts and its great to slide it on in the morning without that ammonia oder you get with poly after several days (especially with the humidity of the east coast weather).

For cold weather I wear them under long pants and then in
    cool or warm weather I just wear the shorts.

Peter Atkinson
    BPL Member

@peterbob

Locale: Yorkshire, England

I find them great – light, warm, comfortable, good at not smelling! I run in mine, as well as walk. They stay warm when wet/damp, but yes they dry a bit slower, and because they are a tight fit the dampness is against the body (as opposed to say a traditional pair of shorts).

In short, really good. And I'm not a wool fan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools