Topic

Neo Air Compatible Bivy On The Way

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Neo Air Compatible Bivy On The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pedro Arvy
    BPL Member

@pedroarvy

Locale: Melbourne

My Neo Air doesn’t fit inside my Titanium Goat bivy bag too well. The top part is OK but as it slims towards the end the down in the top of my sleeping bag gets crushed. You can’t really put the NeoAir outside the bivy as that would be asking for a puncture. I contacted TiGoat about this and they said they should be constructing a NeoAir compatible bivy in 1-2 months time.

Has anyone else heard of NeoAir compatible bivys?

Paul Lippi

@ozniot

I have the MLD Superlight bivy with extra width. I have room to spare with my tired body, WM Summerlight, and a regular length NeoAir all inside.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

My medium Neo Air fitted inside my BPL Vapor Bivy very well on a recent trip. I have experimented with the Neo Air (but not camped in) with the ID Unishelter and the ID all event Bivy and it seemed there was enough room for the lofting of my quilts.

I think the key issue is girth (circumference) of the bivy, that information that is not readily available for many bivies.

Steve Thompson
    BPL Member

@stevet

Locale: Southwest

I have a six moom designs meteor bivy. The large NEO fits perfectly, with sleeping bag and me fits perfectly.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Yeah, I made a giant meteor bivy and my large fits in great!

Pedro Arvy
    BPL Member

@pedroarvy

Locale: Melbourne

The Titanium Goat bivy tapers substantially and this is the problem. I am going to try and make by own bivy when my Cuben order gets in.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I sent a couple of emails of late, but nothing back

anyone else here of anything from Ti Goat?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I spoke with him last week. He's made a few, they're out in the field. He said they seem to be working well, and he hopes to have them up on the site for ordering in a couple of weeks. FWIW.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

thank you sir :)

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

My Raven XLW came in last week. Very nice fit for my Down Mat 7 + WM Badger. It came with the new "Omni Zip" set up -" The Omni Zip is a continuous zipper that runs up one side, across the chest, and down the other side… it has both a L and R side zip. There are 2 double tab zipper pulls that can meet up in the middle for a window type opening, or the top flap can be zipped completely open."

Not yet field tested…but I can say it is light for it's size @ 210g / 7.4oz

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

lots of features for being that light, the Down Mat 7 should be very close dimensionally to my Neo Air regular

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Neo Reg works in there as well…tried it too. 210g includes the stuff sack. Mine does not have any bug net option.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

probably don't need it for winter :)

mine will be for "summer" so I'll go w/ the netting, shouldn't add much to the weight

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

Pedro,

I will be ordering an MLD to suit my NeoAir this week, will let you know what its like when it arrives.

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools