Topic

I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

This is probably the most beautiful and moving website and blog on hiking and climbing that I know. The personal blog of my friend Chris. The writing is powerful and the photographs are absolutely stunning. He reminds me every time I read his entries of why I love the mountains and get out there.

I, CJW.

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

With his photography, the parking lot of Walmart would seem like an epic endeavor.

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

His photos are amazing and the HDR he uses just makes them better. Also his climbing takes him into perfect locations for good photos. Without a doubt a top blog to follow on the web.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Martin, I am also an very avid and serious photographer. Chris and I have often discussed the legitimacy and potential of HDR and come to the same conclusions: that it must accurately depict how we felt the scene was, but not add anything that wasn't really there. His use of it is quite wonderful.

joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Locale: Bergen, Norway

Another fan here.

Every post has expletive inducing photography.

William Puckett

@beep

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes

Wow! I'm speechless with admiration!

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

I have considered HDR and also believe a photo should depict what was there. Photo shop should develop the photo to depict what we viewed and not manipulate it to be something we did not see. HDR is fine with me and I have considered it on my own blog. Chris uses HDR honestly with out a doubt and it makes his blog stand out. He also is a fine writer – which could be overlooked by the high level of the photos.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools