Topic

Osprey Atmos 35 …. also water question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Osprey Atmos 35 …. also water question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    My Rocket

@dumbkid

Hi.
    I’m looking to buy a new pack. I’m new to backpacking and have mostly done car camping with 5 hour hikes. I would like to begin doing long day hikes and maybe 1 night camping. Would this size pack be large enough for me? Or should I get the Atmos 50? I prefer the size of the Atmos 35 and am a light packer in general. Thanks.

Also, any opinions on this pack or different packs would be appreciated.

I was also wondering how much water is good to pack for a full day of hiking and/or 1 night camping.

Thanks for the help.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Do you already have all the rest of your gear — or at least the major pieces (tent, bag, pad, etc.)?

Your choice of backpack depends a lot on what you expect it to carry. Since you want to pack small and light, you should choose all the rest of your gear carefully — especially your choice of tent and sleeping bag. You can then shop for an appropriately small and light weight backpack.

When choosing among packs that will carry your gear, fit and comfort should be the most important criteria — then followed by price/features.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools