Topic

Going SuperStealth- Camo UL

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Going SuperStealth- Camo UL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathanial Eady

@dagreekpacker

Locale: California's Central Coast

In order to indulge my inner child and GIJoe I was just wondering if anyone has come across any decent UL gear in camo patterns? I've found some milspec poncho-tarps at surplus stores but they weigh about 50% more than the GoLite or Gatewood Cape Equivalents. Argueably my ULA conduit (in green in black) is moderately stealth. What have you guys found? I think I saw someone in another post say they had a camo bivy.

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

You may want to check out Ray Jardine's site if you are into making your own gear. He has kits for tarps and packs and I noticed he recently added camo fabrics.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

There are some camo fabrics available for the MYOG crowd. I don't know of any camo gear but there is a lot of browns and greens and grays out there. MLD uses earth tones for their tarps and quilts. You could use fabric dye on the packs (not the cuben one) to make them brown or olive drab or whatever.

If there is a piece of gear you want made from camo fabric but don't MYOG send me a PM and i can give a quote for what that would cost. I could also tye-dye uncoated fabrics with earth tone colors to create a custom camo of sorts. It wouldn't be free though.

-Tim

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

I had a stealth site that was so good I lost it. This is not a joke. It is still in the jungle on the edge of Radio Bay Hilo. I went to the pack and save to get more ramen and never found my camp again. :( Alan

Scott Bentz
    BPL Member

@scottbentz

Locale: Southern California

Ali e

You may not have been all that stealth. You were most likely discovered by pacololo farmers and they removed your camo so you wouldn't come back!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools