Topic

Golite-online sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite-online sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rodney Davis
    BPL Member

@ramrod

Locale: North Carolina
    Jeff Patrick
    BPL Member

@callmeammo

Is anybody else as disappointing with the layout of Golite's new website as I am? Everything just shows up super large on my screen. Way easier to use before.

James Lantz
    BPL Member

@jameslantz

Locale: North Georgia

Yep, I'm disappointed with the website & the fact the weight of all their stuff seems to be increasing. Case in point; what happened to the Virga jacket & Reed rain pant? Seemingly replaced by heavier more "mainstream" offerings. IMHO.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The new website looks good, but it is harder to navigate.

Since the Reed pants are now in the clearance outlet, I wonder what's next? Nothing? Something else? Something lighter?

GoLite needs to come out with some innovate light products soon or they're name won't mean anything anymore. It'll just mean GoAverage.

Jeff Patrick
    BPL Member

@callmeammo

Before I got into UL Golite was the only thing I'd heard of for lightweight gear. This is back when I thought a 3 pound sleeping bag in a 3 pound pack would be killer.
    When i first looked at their site I was ready to buy everything. Now I almost have all the equipment I need and the only thing I have made by Golite is a pair of shoes, which is the last thing I expected to own from them.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

In the past the Reed pants and Virga jacket have almost always been on clearance but have not been discontinued, just FYI.

I agree GoLite could use some innovative light items but most of their stuff is still way lighter than most people use. We have a warped perspective on this board.

S P

@highaltitude

GoLite is trying to be all things to all people.

Can't be done.

They need to either pick their product line target buyer (which it seems they are doing, and lightweight isn't as important) or come out with a completely seperate line of "real" UL gear.

They go from the Breeze to an almost 2lb jam.

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

what happened to all the different shelters they use to offer? I went looking today and the selection isn't that great :(

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

What shelter are you looking for? I see all of the same ones listed on the previous site.

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

I went back and looked at the site again. It finally clicked that they had changed the names of the shelters.

S P

@highaltitude

Golite is right in the middle of switching over their product line to the next years product.

J B
    BPL Member

@johannb

Locale: Europe

I like the new site but I agree the weight doesn't look revolutionary anymore, in fact, it feels a little bit backwards?

Jeff Patrick
    BPL Member

@callmeammo

Does the site fit the screen for everybody? For me I have to scroll down a lot to see anything and also left and right. Its like I only see 66% of what I should.

Richard Haertling

@rhaertling

Locale: Southwest

Looks ok to me using IE8. You may need to update your browser. IE8 has a compatability button to use to view older sites properly, so maybe this new site does not look right on older browsers???

James Patsalides
    BPL Member

@jamespatsalides-com

Locale: New England

Scaling looks fine to me using Safari, however, the site navigation is a little weird… you have to use the scrolling nav bars at the bottom of the screen and they do not show without scrolling the window DOWN a little. It is OK once you get used to it, but confusing the first couple of times I went there…

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Everyone in here is talking about how light they are. That being said, I looked them over on campsaver because I couldnt find where the outlet was for the golite store. I noticed that they are supposedly waterproof. Is that to say that they would make great rain pants? Also is there a nice rain jacket that accompanies the Reeds that I could buy as well if these bottoms are meant to be used as a two part rain suit? Ok well that about all the questions I have. Campersaver is selling them for $42. Is this a good price or does the imaginary golite outlet store that I cant seem to find have a better price? Thanks.

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

Golite reeds are indeed rain pants. They are one of the more popular rain pants used by ultra lighters. Around 40 bucks is a great deal for them. The jacket that goes with them is the Golite Virga. For the price I think its one of the better jackets. It weighs around 8 oz. I used the Virga/Reed's as my suit over the past year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools