Topic

I might be learnin’ sumptin here

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism I might be learnin’ sumptin here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

It would appear that you all have started rubbing off on me.
    I believe one of my first posts was flamed to pieces when I mentioned I felt lucky to go out for a 5 day climbing trip with around 40-45 #. I tried to appeal to the greater good by reminding the repliees that solo mountaineering is by definition a little gear intensive; whether I'm peak bagging a little class 3 hillock or attmepting some bigger enchilada.
    I still can remember my recovery in the Burn Ward of Too Heavy Backpackers.
    So I went out this last weekend for 3 days off-trail mixed rock and snow climbing with 27.5#.
    This was all food,ice axe,helmet, crampons, rope, pro and the usual kit but not fluids.
    My bag was an old 20 degree Marmot, a regular thermarest, and an old Lowe Alpine Light 60 with the gear loops so I must be doing something more right these days.
    I'll save you the gear list stuff but there were 2 honeycrisp apples and a tea kettle in there too.

adam peterson

@pacbacker

Locale: The Pacfic Northwest

the last carry over i went on my pack was just at 48 pounds, mind you was carriing my plastic boots. but after the 16 hour desent to the trailhead i decided i needed lighted my load.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools