Topic

Wmns Down MidLayer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wmns Down MidLayer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I recently ordered Montbell U.L. Down Inner Parka's for my wife but the fit wasn't good. Typical of Montbell, it was too short yet loose in the torso. She wasn't happy with the length of it mainly, so we returned it.

I would like to find something similar for her but I can't seem to find much. Western Mountaineering sells the Flash jkt, but it's $100 more and it's simply unisex which isn't ideal. She likes her gear to be a bit more girl oriented (ie. cute).

Is there anything else out there? She really wants a hooded jkt. Patagonia makes one but it weighs 13oz vs. 6.5oz for the Montbell. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

Mountain Hardware makes the womens hooded Nitrous jkt which is a little better at 11oz but it's still a big weight penalty and this jkt is $299. Plus the baffles on this jkt look weird. It looks like it was sewn by someone learning how to sew:

Wmns MH Nitrous Jkt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools