Topic

Silnylon Stake bags?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Silnylon Stake bags?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Anyone know who makes or sells Silnylon stake sacks. 2-3" wide X 7-9" long.

Wish I had a sewing machine, as these would be easy enough to make.

I'd like to have the top closure fold down and be secured with a strip of velcro, rather than a draw string. I have an REI brand stake sack, but its overkill, and a tad on the heavy side well .6 of an ounce anyway. Maybe these aren't that bad, considering they are made from a heavier nylon that's less prone to puncture?

I've got the Sil stake sacks for my BA tents, and I've been using these when I use my tarps, but I want individual sacks for each of my shelters, so I'll always be able to keep a set of stakes with each shelter and not swap back and forth, were I could end up forgetting the stakes altogether?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Try MLD-I bet Ron would make one for you or they might have them in stock….Golite has some great stake bags too.

Goodluck

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

That sound like the diamentions of my golite stake bag. I will measure it for you tonight. If I have an extra one, you can have it, if you pay shipping. I use the long "nail" style staks in it.
    Regards,
    John

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Excuse my spelling! Fat fingers at work! LOL

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Jay,

I looked at both MLD and Golite, but no such luck ?

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

John,

Thanks for the offer, I might just have enough in my paypal account to cover the shipping. You probably could send it in a envelope?

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

I inquired at Big Agnes, as they use Silnylon stake sacks with their lightweight tents, which, I have (2) the SeedHouse SL2 and the Copper Spur UL1.

Not sure if they'll be able to sell them separate though, as they probably come from China shipped with the tents only?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

TarpTent ships their stakes in silnylon bags.

Eric

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

http://www.rei.com/product/358201

These are the stakes I use, that fit in my golite stake bag that measures 4.5" x 10". these bags came with tarps/tent I have bought from golite over the years.
    Regards,
    John

bag

bag 2

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Yep, your Golite stake bags are about the same size as my BA stake bags. Funny how large they make them, the lengths are fine, but they're much too wide for the number of stakes, one would ever put into them? They could be 1/2 the width easily?

I weighed my heavy REI stake bag, its .7oz versus .2oz for the BA silnylon bags

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Yeah…I don't get the sizing of the either.
    Regards,
    John

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

perhaps try contacting brian at OES. he may sell some stake bags. the one that came w/ my tarp was sized perfectly for 6-8 stakes

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I believe Joe at Z-packs makes silnylon or cuben bags in small sizes that may work well for stakes.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

PM sent regarding custom sewing work

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

Hey, I have some a silnylon around and I just finished making some tent stake bags for myself from scraps. I'll make you a couple with a re-enforced bottom so they stakes will never poke through! What is your shelter made out of? If silnylon I throw in a couple of line tensioners. e-mail: [email protected]

Philip Carr

@unsponsored

Locale: UK

Check out alpkit.com

They have a set of sil nylon bags for not very much cash. I use the smallest black bag for stakes. The orange bag is perfect for a regular neo-air or a largish trap.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Frank, what do your silnylon bags weigh? I might be interested.

Right now I'm just using a sandwich sized Ziplock bag for my stakes which works well. I don't know if it's durable enough for the long haul, but it's light, cheap and sized pretty well.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools