Topic

Stadium sticks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stadium sticks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Anybody play around with these mylar balloons ?? Plenty tough for sure.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=23437

I bought probably 20 or so 6 months ago. Made a makeshift balloon pad cover out of a survival blanket with scotch tape. Put these in the sleeves, loaded up with about 150# of weights and let it sit for days. Never leaked.

They are not too bad to blow up, and you can stick a tube in the mouth and deflate, then bloww them back up again. Dont know how many times you could do that though.

Removed the weights and 6 mo later they are still inflated.

I got a neoair so I passed on the bed, but it did work.

Lately I used 2 of them in an A-frame to support the hood part of a tyvek bug bivy and that works.

The other day I took 3 side by side and put them into a nylon tent sack and it makes a perfect pillow for me on top of a neoair.

Three balloons weigh about 1 – 1.1 ounce.

Guess I need in inflate and defalte a bunch of times to see how long they will last.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools