Topic

Momentum and Down, bulk?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Momentum and Down, bulk?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Hey guys, new to the forums, and UL in general. Really feeling the vibes here, as a hardcore DIYer myself, I'm ready to apply that ideology to backpacking.

So, I'm about to make a couple of quilts for my lady and I, and I'm wondering if there is anyplace else to buy the 0.9 Momentum that thru-hiker has, but maybe get a better price on buying bulk. There are a few things I'd like to make with it, and would be willing to buy some yardage to save some money.

Does owfinc.com have an equivalent? All I see is 1.1oz stuff there.. Any other locations?

Also, what about buying down, like an lb at a time as opposed to 3oz increments?

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

I think thru-hiker.com and mountainlaureldesigns.com had it specially manufactured or as a huge quantity special order for resale. I believe no one else has it. You could contact both places and see if they'll give you a price break on large quantities.
    http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/fabric.php (scroll down for momentum).

Pertex quantum is a somewhat similar fabric. Pertex does not sell small quantities for MYOG, though someone on BPL (Bill Fornshell) somehow managed to obtain some.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

A friend of mine is a VP for a large textile maker, I'll ask him to see if he can get me some samples of the Pertex.

Thanks for the info!

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Locale: Ruta Locura

Javen

Email me at [email protected], depending on how much you want, it can certainly be had cheaper.

Josh

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

Down can be bought cheaper here, providing you buy some minimal quantity: http://www.featherind.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools